17 December 2007

Voting Poll

Hi there!
In the past weeks there have been many discussions about posting links to current auctions. I have been contacted about this by several collectors. The intention of this blog is not to upset collectors or historians. My opinion is that posting these links - among other things - in my blog does not influence the price as collectors who are willing to spend hundreds of Euros for a single photo will not wait for me to publish links but rather will do the search themselves. In the end, only two collectors set the price: the highest-bidding and second-highest-bidding. If they are so keen to spend so much money, they will search for new auctions themselves. All other bids won't affect the final price.

That is my opinion and I don't expect that everybody has the same. I recognize and accept that there are different opinions. I want to find out if the majority is against posting links or not as the last thing I want to achieve with this blog is to upset people. Therefore, in order to have a democratic decision about this topic, I posted another voting poll. This time, the question is

"What do you prefer?:

  1. Posting photos of current auctions WITH link.
  2. Posting photos of current auctions WITHOUT link.
  3. Posting photos of ended auctions only."
In addition, you can let us know your opinnion by using the shout-box on the right.

So far, the winners of my last voting poll question are:
  • Photos
  • Flight Gear & Equipment
  • Control Sticks
  • Aircraft Parts
That means, with the exception perhaps of aicraft parts, the previous posts fit quite well what you prefer to see. The majority wants to see items for sale or trade. I will soon post an excellent control stick of a Fw 190 that I offer for trade.

So, stay tuned.

Your LWCollector

No comments: