07 November 2008

I AM BACK :-)

Hi there!

I am back :-)

You may have seen my previous project for a website for collectors. In the end it was most successful for modelers and artists and less for collectors because the focus was mainly on the exhibition of collectibles and other items.

I have a different concept in mind exclusively for militaria collectors and historians. But before I start spending much time and effort on this project I wanted to ask you wheter you would like to see such a platform or not. The features I have in mind are as follows:

1) SHOWROOM:
as with my previous concept you will be able to show your own militaria collectibles here

2) PHOTO ALBUM:
here you can post any wartime photo you like (e.g. photos from your grandfather or other photos in your collection).

3) ACADEMY:
here you can write expert articles about collectibles (e.g. how to recognize a fake, etc.), about your latest addition to your collection, etc.

4) LIBRARY:
here you will be able to upload interesting source documents you would like to share with others.

5) NEWS:
here you will find news about upcoming auctions, current auctions (like it was done in this blog in the past, but with not only me contributing but all of you), etc. etc.

6) FORUM:
here you will find a traditional forum. All items in the album, library and news section can also be commented.

7) CHAT:
here you will be able to chat with other collectors or historians who are online

Now I want to now from you if you like this idea and which of above's features you would like to see. Please let me know using the voting poll and the comment box at the right.

Cheers,
LWCollector

No comments: