AGFA (Actien-Gesellschaft für Anilin-Fabrikation” was founded in 1867 in Berlin and in the beginning produced only chemical compounds for photography. After 1913 the company offered also photo paper. From 1964 onwards it became Agfa-Gevaert GmbH. AGFA photo paper belonged to the most used photo paper before 1945 apart from LEONAR. The most common ones were AGFA-Brovira and AGFA-Lupex, which were produced also after 1945 but with a different logo (see the following photos).