12 November 2007

Showcase: Luftwaffe HM5 Pilot Oxygen Mask

Hi there!
Some time ago I have added a voting poll to the right hand side of this blog to ask you what content you prefer. It seems that many of you would like to see more showcase items. I therefore continue the SHOWCASE series today with an HM5 oxygen mask that I once owned. It is in excellent condition and according to the previous owner, it onced belonged to ace Peter-Paul Steindl of JG52 and JG26 (KIA 9 Jan 45). It carries his name on the rubber body. While you might say it is easy to put a name of an ace on it and sell it for more money, I trust the information as I have not only seen this mask but also the flight log and other personal documents of Peter-Paul Steindl that came together with this mask. Anyway, a rare and beautiful example of an early Luftwaffe oxygen mask.

Luftwaffe Pilot Oxygen Mask HM5

If you have items in your collection that you would like to show others, please don't hesitate to contact me (LWCollector@gmail.com). I would be glad to show them here. Also, if you want me to show some other content I have neglected so far, please let me know.
Your LWCollector!

No comments: